Thursday, August 14, 2008

Come early! Let me kick your ass!*


In keeping with our relaxed wedding theme, we invite you to come join us on Saturday afternoon** (weather permitting) on the lawn of the Inn for a relaxed game of "Edith is the Bride and therefore she wins!"*** Yes, I know that we're supposed to be stressed out and doing all sorts of last minute stuff and you don't believe that we can pull off this relaxed thing but (1) there are more than enough people in my family who are willing and able to stress about details and (2) we would much rather be hanging out with you and playing a nice game of croquet (or Bocci). So anyway, if you are around (like, if you are staying at the Inn) or would like to show up early to play, we would be glad to have you. So far the weather looks good (crosses fingers) and it seems a shame to have such a nice lawn and not put it to good use.

* Not literally, although I think some of you would enjoy that.
** Afternoon meaning after lunch, I guess.
*** If no one else is there we will be playing, "Brian tries to figure out how to let Edith win without letting her know that he is letting her win because when he figures that out his marital bliss is pretty much guaranteed."

2 comments:

Brian said...

I think your main opponent in "Edith wins" will be Shea, not me.

Christi said...

Having been very relaxed before my wedding, I think that it is a highly attainable and noble goal. Really, there's nothing to stress about as long as you are just out to have fun. So, we'll be there to have fun and probably let you win through my inability to aim. But, darn it, I will be trying my hardest so you will have earned that victory!